Anti-malware designers are failing to understand the complexities of malware and are using out of date technology to combat a rapidly evolving threat, says Christopher Elisan, principal malware scientist at RSA.
The latest In Case You Missed It: Bank of England simulation, ransomware photo threat, 2015 worst for Mac malware, Russiab cyber-warfare lead, RSA report.
Rashmi Knowles, RSA's chief security architect, warns of the looming dangers of the disgruntled, vengeful or merely careless employee.
RSA president Amit Yoran, speaking at the RSA Middle East conference, set out his tips for shifting the cyber-security industry's mindset toward data protection.
BH Consulting analyst Brian Honan and Tripwire chief technology officer Dwayne Melancon considered how IT can beat cyber-attackers in a quick-fire presentation at the RSA Conference in San Francisco on Thursday.
Collaborative sharing of security data across enterprises, countries and industry sectors in a single big data store will be the future of protecting against advanced persistent threats, RSA delegates were told today.
An interesting discussion at the RSA conference revealed that vendors often face a "double-edged sword" when tasked with disclosing software vulnerabilities.
If you have broken no law, nor failed to comply with any agreed industry standard, are you liable for the consequential loss incurred by your clients if you suffer a data breach that causes them loss?
Cryptography expert Bruce Schneier, now CTO of Co3 Systems, continued his criticism of the National Security Agency's surveillance during his well-attended talk at the RSA Conference in San Francisco today.
Christopher Soghoian, of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union), concluded his speech at BSides San Francisco with the observation that developers building encryption models need to consider the US government a threat.
The tools that organizations have relied on to protect their networks are antiquated and no longer work.
A mobile app security start-up has been named as the winner of the 'Most Innovative Company' at the Innovation Sandbox event at RSA Conference in San Francisco.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry