October 01, 2010
£57.75 per user (perpetual licence for 1,000 seats)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Full encryption capabilities, as well as port control and DLP functionality
- Weaknesses: Nothing that we found
- Verdict: A strong feature set makes SafeGuard Enterprise our Recommended product
SafeGuard Enterprise offers a lot of data protection above and beyond standard whole disk encryption. Administrators can not only protect data through disk and removable media encryption, but they can also set policy for port control-based data leakage protection.
Installation requires some time to get the product up and running. There are several steps and modules that need to be loaded onto the management server, as well as various backend preparation procedures. There are tutorial videos included with the product that help guide through the steps to make deployment fairly easy.
The product itself is managed through a management console application. This was easy to use and intuitive to navigate. From this console administrators can plug directly into Active Directory and import users and groups for policy configuration. This is also fairly straightforward, with many options configured by just a simple point and click. We also found deployment of clients to be simple.
SafeGuard Enterprise features a package configuration tool that makes creating client installation packages easy.
Documentation provided with this product included both tutorial videos for setup and installation and several PDF manuals, including installation and administrative guides. All of the manuals were easy to follow, with many screenshots, step-by-step instructions and diagrams in a well-organised format.
Sophos provides the first year of standard support as part of the initial purchase price. After the first year customers may purchase additional support at the standard level or choose from premium and platinum levels. Each level offers various options, including access to software updates, phone and email technical help and access to web-based support and a knowledgebase. Upper levels offer many remote and emergency services and access to all of the benefits of standard support.
At a price just under £58 per user for a perpetual licence for 1,000 users, we find this product to be excellent value for the money. The price includes the management console and device encryption modules. SafeGuard Enterprise offers a great amount of options for data encryption and protection.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Tech support scammers turn to screen locking malware to fleece victims
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- Wekby cyber-criminals use DNS tunnelling for command and control of malware
- ICYMI: WhatsApp trap; Cerber RaaS; LinkedIn loss; Screen lock; 2 yrs to GDPR
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack