On 19 September, the TA530 group sent personalised emails utilising company names, personal names, titles and more to deliver malicious Word documents.
Following the news that Trend Micro's Password Manager would allow hackers to execute malicious code we ask, how secure are security applications?
Traditional email sandboxing techniques are increasingly unable to defend all employees against evolving threats, says Neil Murray
"Quicksand" sandbox vulnerability could enable rogue apps
Symantec's announcement that 'anti-virus is dead' shouldn't surprise anyone. What's shocking is how long it took to admit it.
FireEye taps its IPO cash pile to acquire data forensics specialist.
Check Point VP says individual hacking actions are not always criminal
McAfee has announced the acquisition of ValidEdge to add sandboxing technology to its anti-malware offering.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry