SC Congress London
Around 400 cyber-security professionals, including more than 300 delegates as well as speakers, sponsors and press, packed out the SC Congress conference in London on Tuesday to see more than a dozen industry experts raise issues including the future of the CISO, APT and Internet of Things attacks.
Delegates and panelists debate breach liability, response, and the need for a plan of action.
Experts argue the need for response over detection - with a large side order of insurance to counter the Open SSL insecurity issue.
Data breaches continue to make the news, with eBay and Target the most prominent of recent victims, but questions are now being asked on which personnel should take the blame.
Security awareness training must be high on the agenda of best practice when companies fight off cyber threats, experts concluded at the SC Congress London.
PCI compliance was called a 'gold standard' and 'secure baseline' at a conference in London today, but not all believe that it does enough to guard against data breaches.
Q and A with SC Congress London speaker, Eddie Copeland.
Q and A with SC Congress London speaker, Stewart Room.
Q & A with SC Congress London speaker, Derrick Bates
Mark Jackson, detective superintendent of the recently-established Met Police Cyber Crime Unit, has admitted that London's police are only just finding out how to tackle cyber-crime.
A stellar panel of infosec experts told a packed audience at SC Congress London on Thursday that security awareness can play an integral role in educating C-suite on threats coming from inside and outside the company.
Bring Your Own Device is making waves in business, but concerns remain on how employees use personal smartphones and tablets, how they're managed and the laws to which companies must adhere.
At SC Congress London, Brian Brackenborough, CISO at Channel 4 will have a session titled "Inside, outside, upside-down: Staying ahead of the threat, wherever it comes from."
Before becoming CISO at DMI, Rick Doten washed dishes at the York Steak House located at a Northern Virginia shopping mall. Get to know more about Doten before his talk at SC Congress London titled "Going Mobile."
If the battle between IT security pros and cyber threats were embodied in comic book characters, John Howie, COO at the Cloud Security Alliance, believes that Batman and the Joker would best represent it.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry