Communicating with the C-suite depends in part of creating a language they understand and identifying company assets that are most important, panelists told an SC Congress Toronto audience.
SC Congress Toronto 2016: Finish Line leverages IT auditing service to secure increase in cyber budgetJune 03, 2016
In the perennial corporate tug-of-war over budget, Finish Line's director of security and compliance Cory Deeter recently relied on an independent security assessment service to influence upper-level executives to increase funding for cyber-security initiatives.
A panel Tuesday at SC Congress Atlanta delved into a debate over how serious the threat is posed by ransomware.
A panel of industry insiders at SC Congress Atlanta looked at cyber-insurance, taking a look at what is driving the industry's quick growth.
Although some would argue that cyber-war is still in its infancy, it is - according to our panel of experts at the SC Congress Amsterdam - well under way across the globe.
A panel convened at SC Congress Amsterdam's session on preventing cyber-crime. They agreed that we need to consider the threat, our response and how we might become equally and better organised than our opponents.
Jamie Randall, Elisabeth DeLeeuw and Dai Davis joined SC Congress Amsterdam's panel to talk about some of the problems, and potential benefits of the upcoming EU data protection regulations.
Secure communications for mobile is still widely overlooked and mission critical to the success of securing the Internet of Things (IoT).
The SC Congress NY conference took place yesterday, 20 October.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry