Oren Kedem asks if we're using the right methods to teach victims about scams or are some other forces preventing the warning messages from being effective?
In 2015, 594 million people worldwide were affected by online crime. Of those that fell victim to cyber-crime in 2015, one in seven UK victims had their financial information hijacked after shopping online.
Consumers beware! More than likely, £73 million will be spent on counterfeit goods this Christmas Day alone.
Chris Mayers provides warnings and advice for firms to help them stay safe as more workers log on when on holiday.
Small businesses have been warned by Cifas and Action Fraud to be on high alert for fake invoices.
Banking and card fraud back on the rise again says the FFA UK as crime increasingly moves online.
Not always easy to spot a phish says McAfee
African cyber-criminals have expanded far beyond the simple '419' Nigerian scams they are notorious for, and are now using sophisticated botnets, RATs and targeted attack techniques, according to Trend Micro.
Experts say the government should get involved with tackling the challenge of social engineering scams
A new phishing campaign on Dropbox has been discovered.
With just weeks to go until the start of FIFA's football World Cup, scammers have created bogus Twitter accounts in a bid to steal EA log-in credentials.
Kaspersky Lab UK has spotted an increase in the number of fake anti-virus apps appearing in mobile app stores, with two recent programs imitating the firm's own products.
The Government's Action Fraud helpline has received hundreds of calls in just 24 hours from end users concerned about a new email phishing campaign that purports to come from the Ministry of Justice.
"Phishing attacks will continue to rise until it becomes more expensive for these cybercriminals to operate."
Facebook had unwanted visitors on its tenth birthday - scammers that established a Facebook Apps page to phish for user credentials.
Scammers are targeting discount hunters with fake vouchers.
The risk of ransomware attacks is surging as virtual currency Bitcoin's value rockets.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry