As software becomes increasingly complex, we must start addressing security as a key component at an early stage to prevent long-term costs from spiralling up, says Lev Lesokhin.
Better understanding of the potential gains offered by the cloud will make the move easier to contemplate says Aidan Simister who outlines what companies should be looking for in a provider.
This week's In Case You Missed It column looks at Sony PlayStation Network hack, the rise in security spending and surprising new claims on cyber security skills and encryption.
What should businesses be doing to ensure that contractors and other third-parties are aware of the risks in security? That was one of the key questions during a panel discussion at Infosecurity 2014 in London on Thursday.
If it is to truly enable businesses, security needs to look now at implications of future developments and explain them to the board in financial terms, suggests the Infosec panel on Monday.
Information security budgets will increase in 2014, with 45 per cent of organisations planning to spend more this year and only 11 per cent cutting back, according to the latest Information Security Study from 451 Research.
Almost half the UK's top businesses have increased their cyber security spending in the wake of recent high-profile attacks like those on US retailer Target, according to new research.
It may be a time of great change for the infosec industry, but advice on achieving the budgets needed to keep up with new threats remains remarkably consistent, reports Thomas Brewster.
A New Year means new jobs for IT security experts.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report