Latest blog posts
Microsoft has recently warned businesses that they should be well on the way to upgrading their legacy desktop environments.
This week I was invited to sign the new online Petition Against Passwords which I was delighted to do and I urge you all to do the same.
At this week's Black Hat conference in Las Vegas, Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek will present on on-board car computer insecurities to thousands.
Well-managed information has become a precious business asset.
Given the current anti-EU sentiment gripping certain shires of England, it might not be fashionable to highlight the positive role that the EU plays in setting the regulatory framework for certain aspects of business behaviour and personal rights.
At the time of writing I'm not sure if Edward Snowden is still sitting in a Moscow transfer lounge or settling in to his 'luxury apartment' in a barrio in Venezuela.
In the current debate over Edward Snowden, there are two opposing attitudes to consider: the ideology of individualism and the interest in Edward Snowden as an individual.
The recent ISSA UK event was held aboard the HMS President in London once again, and Fujitsu's James Gosnold reported for SC Magazine on the day.
Most cyber attackers are likely to use the easiest route in. They're lazy and no different from your run-of-the-mill hijacker who will gladly steal the car of someone who leaves the keys in it.
Revamping credentials is key to ensuring that they remain inclusive and represent the best people.
Upon returning to the office after a couple of days off, I found my inbox bulging at the seams with perspectives on the change in the punishment for cyber crimes across Europe.
In the last few years, virtualisation and cloud computing have transformed the way organisations do their information processing.
Exploit kits are now responsible for the majority of malware infections across the world, representing a serious threat to computing systems and data.
It's May 2012, and it's a rainy day in South Wales.
This week I attended the launch of the (ISC)2 Women in Security mentoring scheme, which was previewed here.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Netflix's VPN ban may result in stronger security for VPN customers
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SC Roundtable: Turning data into actionable intelligence
- Wekby cyber-criminals use DNS tunnelling for command and control of malware
- ICYMI: WhatsApp trap; Cerber RaaS; LinkedIn loss; Screen lock; 2 yrs to GDPR