Bloggers using the WordPress platform are "strongly encouraged" to update their sites immediately to address persistent XSS issues.
Adobe has released security hotfixes for a critical information disclosure vulnerability that exists in ColdFusion versions 10 and 11, across all platforms.
Cisco updated a security advisory for a remote code execution vulnerability affecting the SNMP application-layer protocol.
Cisco issued five security alerts last week, issuing software updates to patch a series of vulnerabilities, any of which could potentially trigger a denial of service condition.
Google released a patch for vulnerabilities affecting the latest version of Chrome for Windows, Mac, and Linux, including several high-risk issues.
As Kaspersky Labs researchers predicted, exploits of Silverlight vulnerability are now in the Angler Exploit Kit.
Multiple vulnerabilities that could enable a remote attacker to launch a denial-of-service attack have been detected in the IBM Runtime Environment Java Technology Edition v6.
Mozilla released 11 patches for Firefox 44 and Firefox ESR 38.6 with three being rated as critical.
Researchers at Princeton University's Center for Information Technology Policy (CITP) found security vulnerabilities in many of the most popular IoT devices that they looked at, including Google's Nest Thermostat.
Apple released patches for iOS, OS X and Safari after Synack's Patrick Wardle demonstrated that it was still possible for attackers to bypass Apple's Gatekeeper program.
Researchers discovered a serious vulnerability in the Linux operating system kernel that could allow attackers to take full control of Linux devices, including PCs, Android phones and servers.
Mac users who have long felt secure from cyber-attacks may now be susceptible owing to a reported flaw.
A number of remote code execution bugs in several models of FRITZ!Box broadband routers could allow intruders to place phone calls through the device.
WordPress issued its latest security release, version 4.4.1, to patch more than 50 problems, including a cross-site scripting vulnerability affecting versions 4.4 and earlier.
Adobe on Tuesday released security updates for Flash Player, AIR, Acrobat and Reader that address numerous bugs, some of which are considered critical.
WordPress 4.3.1 was made available on Tuesday, and users are strongly encouraged to upgrade since it comes with fixes for a few security issues.
The update addresses critical memory corruption vulnerabilities that could be exploited by an attacker to take control of an affected Windows system.
Samsung will issue monthly Android patches through various agreements with carriers and partners around the world.
WordPress 4.2.3 was made available on Thursday - the update comes with fixes for a number of bugs, including a potentially dangerous cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
The updates address a DoS vulnerability in Videoscape Distribution Suite for Internet Streaming and Videoscape Distribution Suite Service Broker.
Security flaws would have allowed remote code execution and Man-in-the-Middle attacks
Patching can be a significant pain for organisations. Similar to eating our vegetables, it's something we know we should do but is still hard to swallow for various reasons, says Rob Juncker.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry