The UK's new National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) officially opens for business today as a public-facing part of GCHQ that acts as a focal point for the government to deliver authoritative advice on tackling cyber-security issues.
Many security professionals believe that they have a moral responsibility to share threat intelligence
Over a third of people have heard friends, colleagues and even strangers sharing their full credit and debit card details in public while on the phone.
Over 10 percent of the UK population has pretended to be someone else online by snooping or sending messages through someone else's social media or email accounts without their permission.
Troels Oeting, CISO of Barclays bank, Tim Lansdale, head of payment security at WorldPay and Bob Tarzey, analyst for QuoCirca tell the SC Congress what lies ahead
UK Financial Cyber Security summit sees call for cross-border and sector info sharing; cyber expenditure plans and investment in exports revealed.
Oganisations need to cooperate and share threat intelligence in order to increase the cost of cyber attacks for hackers suggests Russ Spitler, VP product management, AlienVault
Surprising new research reveals that iPhone apps are 'more risky than Android' and also details that 90 percent of all top apps are under threat too.
Europe's computer emergency response teams (CERTs) need to share attack informatio to combat the increasingly complex cyber attacks they face.
Collaborative working and information is needed to keep a business working, although security has to be built in.
Shared intelligence is needed by businesses as threats become more sophisticated.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry