Security raises concerns with half of SMEs saying data security is the major barrier between their organisation and the digital workplace. Another 30 percent believe cost is the key issue.
Andy Taylor discusses the ways SMEs can better protect themselves by placing cyber-security as a top business priority
Most (82 percent) of the UK's small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) have not heard of or are unsure about the impact of the GDPR taking effect in under two years.
Nearly three quarters (74 percent) of European employees have no concerns about security issues when using a mobile phone owned by their company. Highlighting a significant level of confidence in workplace mobile security strategies, the figure stands at 75 percent for employees at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
SMEs are at greater risk from the consequences of cyber-attack, less able to recover, with more mission-critical data on a single machine, so educating themselves about mitigating the risk is essential says Andrew Conway.
Adrian Leppard, commissioner of the City of London Police, explains to SC's Tony Morbin that crime prevention's mission in cyber-fraud is to help industry protect its information assets - but that international crime and encryption remain major challenges for law enforcement
Small businesses have been warned by Cifas and Action Fraud to be on high alert for fake invoices.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report