Threat actors have been discovered trying to infect security-minded individuals with a trojan downloader by sending spear-phishing emails that offer free invitations to Palo Alto Networks' Cyber-Security Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia.
When designing security systems, it is vital to factor the human into the equation, otherwise, as Tom Reeve explains, you end up with confused users and vulnerable systems
Itay Glick says that new spear-phishing scams suggest that this method of spreading malware will surely continue to grow
Stealing $100 million (£70.4M) from a major US corporation should be hard than setting up a fake email account, but for one cyber-criminal enterprise this is all it took.
Researchers at Zscaler spotted attackers using macro malware as a vector to spread the Neutrino bot via spearphishing emails.
A Middle Eastern cyber-group seeking higher levels of access to specific networks has turned its focus to IT security personnel.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success