A popular open-source C library used by thousands of unix-like machines which defines the "system calls" is vulnerable to buffer-overflow attacks.
A critical authentication bug has been discovered in Advantech's EKI series of Modbus-to-TCP/IP gateways.
Stefan Viehböck, senior security consultant at SEC Consult, examined 4000 devices from 70 vendors and found widespread reuse of private keys.
Management of secure shell (SSH) keys has become such a problem for businesses, that some spend ten per cent of their working time on remediation of them.
SSH Communications Security has announced a free tool to scan and assess networks to provide a report on risk and compliance exposures in secure shell (SSH) environments.
Businesses do not get the concept of certificate management and there is a lack of trust between users, according to Venafi.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry