Most Recent Articles by Sue Marquette Poremba
The number of reported data breaches in the United States has already surpassed 2007's total, according to a report from Identity Theft Resource Center.
Medical identity theft is increasing, in part because of the wealth of personal information available in medical records, experts say. And much of this identity theft is coming from within the medical community.
Cybercriminals are adopting new automation techniques and improving on strategies that enable them to exploit vulnerabilities rapidly, a new study reveals.
More than 75 percent of bank websites have at least one design flaw that could lead to the theft of customer information, according to a recent University of Michigan study.
Prevx, an internet security company headquartered in Derby has discovered a new trojan designed to steal information from large banking institutions. Jacques Erasmus, director of malware research, told SCMagazineUS.com on Friday that the Limbo 2 trojan might be the most sophisticated trojan yet released.
More Articles by Sue Marquette Poremba
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Google 'Master Cookie' remains after Android factory reset
- New POS malware from Russia targets retailers
- 'Snooper's Charter' and cyber-security get royal seal of approval in Queen's Speech
- TeslaCrypt ransomware hackers caught using Angler EK and Tor
- All modern browsers at risk from Logjam vulnerability