The sheer scale of companies' lack of comprehension of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is revealed in a new survey from Symantec
Symantec claims to have spotted a new campaign that has attempted to exploit SWIFT customers in a very familiar way.
Researchers at Symantec's Norton division found that Turkey has the largest number of "bot" infections with one bot for every 1,139 internet users.
The Android.Lockerscreen ransomware is now using pseudorandom numbers and other tactics to prevent victims from unlocking devices without paying.
The Google Project Zero team has found a vulnerability in Symantec's Antivirus Engine that results in instant blue-screening and kernel memory corruption without user action on Windows.
Symantec's new report has been released, showing some interesting numbers on how many companies actively fail to report breaches, but how much does transparency really matter in keeping data safe?
Report from Symantec finds that cyber-criminals are reaching same level of sophistication as nation-state hackers.
A mysterious Good Samaritan has replaced the code on certain parts of the villanous Dridex botnet with Avira Anti-virus installers.
Previously unknown cyber-espionage groups have been attacking individuals mainly in Iran but also the UK, US, Germany and Holland for the past 18 months or more, says Symantec.
The cyber-security giant, Symantec are now sure that Mac OS X is vulnerable to ransomware
ICYMI: hospital in email breach; crashing Chrome; Symantec purges; ICO more free; Apple apps snappedSeptember 25, 2015
In this week's In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): NHS hospital email breached; crash Google Chrome in 16 chars; Symantec dismisses staff over certs; ICO moved from MOJ to Culture; Apple apps infected with malware.
Symantec have fired several staff members after they created unauthorised and potentially malicious Google SSL certificates
Symantec reported that its security software is now protecting more than 1 billion Internet of Things (IoT) devices and as this number expands so will security risks associated with these products.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?