Due to its poor data security, which led to the theft of the personal data of over 150,000 customers last year, TalkTalk has been fined £400,000 by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) recalls GDPR ignorance, ICO somnolence, GCHQ song and dance, Guccifer arrogance and the many cases of basic lack of vigilance.
TalkTalk confirms that firm does not use TeamViewer, while TeamViewer confirms position of innocence -- problem still exists, move your mouse if you're in a panic.
TalkTalk's CEO puts a brave face on the fallout from the cyber-attack in October but the profit figures and customer losses paint a different picture.
TalkTalk has revealed that the October data breach has cost the firm up to £60m, resulting in the loss of over 100K customers.
The TalkTalk breach was not an isolated incident says Clayton Locke who advises companies on the need to monitor user-behaviour for inconsistencies.
A massive breach has hit kid's toy company, Vtech, and the details of millions of parents, and children, have been stolen.
Steve Armstrong considers why breaches like TalkTalk continue to occur and notes how the associated costs exceed the cost of encryption, testing and more secure coding.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry