National Grid's chief information security officer and head of digital risk Graham Wright talked targeted attacks, critical infrastructure and the blurring of physical and digital security at a recent London conference.
Make hacking more time consuming, difficult and uneconomic if you want to deter intruders, says Kevin Kennedy of Juniper Networks.
Last week I had the opportunity to meet with Proofpoint CEO Gary Steele for the first time in a few years.
A survey of 1,000 IT and security professionals worldwide has found that 52 per cent believe targeted malware attacks are their top server security concern this year.
The old security model is doing an 'okay job' when it comes to preventing targeted attacks and advanced persistent threats (APTs), according to an industry expert.
The advanced persistent threat (APT) suffered by the New York Times demonstrates the need for more than anti-virus.
The New York Times has suffered a major cyber attack, with a large number of its user passwords stolen.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry