Google will start shaming websites for not encrypting connections between the user and the site itself by telling users exactly when they are visiting HTTP sites
Research from security company Okta is claiming that companies which aren't agile on technology upgrades are putting themselves at risk of cyber-attacks.
A trio of students from St Petersburg State University in Russia have been dubbed world champions in the 40th annual ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) finals.
Chief constable Stephen Kavanagh tells techUK's Partners Against Crime seminar that the police need to engage more effectively with the private sector in developing new crime fighting capabilities.
The second annual National Unplugging Day in the UK will be held this year on 26 June 2016 to encourage families to spend the day from start to finish without any technology.
Pictfor, the Parliamentary Internet, Communications & Technology Forum convened a panel of guests from all corners of the tech world to consider the ramifications of both a vote to leave the EU and the vote to stay.
Robert Hannigan, the director of GCHQ, has called for a rapprochement of the often fraught relationship between national security bodies and the tech sector.
Due to the increasing demand of technology across the UK, IT jobs have survived the economic crisis better than any other profession.
The emergence of services such as cloud computing, data analysis, social business and mobility has brought corporate IT to what market research company IDC has dubbed the "third platform". But Wieland Alge asks, what will the third platform mean for the CIO role?
Standard security technology such as anti-virus, firewalls, intrusion detection and protection are no longer effective.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry