Security researcher Peiter Zatko, better known in the industry by his hacker moniker "Mudge," will unveil details of a cybersecurity "underwriters' laboratory" project that he announced last year on Twitter.
Having delivered a properly thought through requirement at building block 1 and a mature design with some development testing at block 2, we now move to block 3 where build-out of the design and the intensive programme of testing and acceptance into service is to be achieved, says Tony Collings.
Our selection in this category is living proof that one doesn't need a big organisation to turn out a first-rate product with a lot of innovation behind it.
Following the news that Trend Micro's Password Manager would allow hackers to execute malicious code we ask, how secure are security applications?
Vulnerability testing by CERT found tens of thousands of Androd apps are vulnerable and no full register exists as they don't all get CVE assigned.
Intelligence-led third party red-teaming testers can identify the blind spots that in-house teams thought they had covered suggests Simon Saunders.
Protect against real-world threats and test the most likely scenarios using relevant models, including low-tech, says Gavin Watson.
The ability to detect and respond when your security is breached are of paramount importance in ensuring organisational resilience says Alan Calder.
Resiliency is moving up the agenda, for both attackers and defenders, says Fred Kost, who adds that systems need to be built - and tested - to assure safety.
"You suck at your job" was the Michael Roytman's controversial opening line to the audience of white hat hackers at the B-Sides event run prior to RSA San Francisco.
Keeping it simple and ensuring the basics are properly covered is likely to result in the biggest improvement in software security, says Cigital's Paco Hope.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry