Top ten malware threats announced
Sunbelt Software has announced the top ten most prevalent spyware and malware threats spotted in January.
The report was compiled from monthly scans performed by Sunbelt's anti-spyware tool CounterSpy and the new anti-virus and anti-spyware solution VIPRE. The company claimed that the results represent the number of times a particular spyware or malware infection was detected during CounterSpy and VIPRE scans that report back to Sunbelt's community of opt-in users.
The top ten most prevalent spyware threats for the month of January were:
1. Virtumonde - 6.35 per cent
2. Trojan-Downloader.Zlob.Media-Codec - 3.12 per cent
3=.Trojan-Downloader.Generic - 2.01 per cent
3=. Trojan.FakeAlert - 2.01 per cent
5. Explorer32.Hijacker - 2.00 per cent
6. Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen - 1.83 per cent
7. Trojan.1 - 1.45 per cent
8. Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.gen - 1.38 per cent
9. Rootkit.TDss.Gen - 1.33 per cent
10. Trojan.Win32.Monder.gen - 1.25 per cent