Federico Maggi told audience members at Blackhat that ransomware presents a new intervention in cyber-criminality
A new paper from Trend Micro has shown that outdated technologies are still being used in security-critical areas. Is this a step back for security in the places that its need most?
New research from security company Trend Micro shows ransomware victims are paying up, despite remaining defiant to fight it as much as possible.
Web hosting company HostSailor has threatened legal action against KrebsonSecurity for posting a story, based on a Trend Micro report, tying that web firm to a now defunct group known for nefarious web activities.
Trend Micro researchers spotted a new ransomware as a service (RaaS), dubbed Stampado, which may be indicative of ransomware market trends.
Changes in policy at information sharing database, VirusTotal, mean that those who don't put in will get nothing back, but some warn that this is merely the old guard of tech world muscling out the new players.
Google's mysterious project zero have shown that Trend Micro accidentally left a remote debugging tool in several of its products.
The reFUD.me malware services website has been taken down thanks to a joint effort between the National Crime Agency and Trend Micro.
The UK is a big target for cyber attack according to new research, but it's better prepared than most European countries.
Trend Micro and ClearSky published an updated report on Rocket Kitten, a state-sponsored group targeting Israeli and European organisations.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry