TriGeo Security Information Manager
August 01, 2010
TriGeo Network SecurityProduct:
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Powerful SIEM with a lot of functionality right out of the box
- Weaknesses: Nothing that we found
- Verdict: For its power and simplicity, we rate this one our Best Buy
TriGeo Security Information Management (SIM) is very powerful and can provide a deep look into network events and system logs, with granular controls. It incorporates log management and event correlation with some added functions, such as an onboard intrusion detection system and instant active response to potential threats or suspicious activity.
We found this appliance quite easy to install and configure and it takes just a few minutes to get connected to the network with an IP address. Once it is up and running it can be accessed through the management console application. This is well organised and has a very clean layout that was easy to navigate around in.
TriGeo SIM is a true powerhouse when it comes to looking into events and event interaction. Most of the heavy work is done by the correlation engine that can provide real-time event correlation and processes these against several hundred pre-built rules for an active response, with almost no need for user interaction. The appliance also includes an easy-to-use rule builder just in case there is need for customisation.
Documentation provided included an installation guide that covers how to install the appliance itself and also how to install the management console and deploy agents. A PDF user guide includes a great amount of detail on configuring and managing the appliance and using advanced features. We found both of these guides to be well organised, with many screenshots and step-by-step examples.
TriGeo provides the first year of technical support as part of the purchase price of the product, with an ongoing cost of 20 per cent of the purchase price per year. Support includes 12/5 phone and email technical assistance, as well as product updates and upgrades. Users also have access to an online support portal containing a knowledgebase and many other resources.
At a price of £13,665 we find TriGeo SIM to be excellent value for the money. It provides a lot of easy-to-use power right out of the box at a reasonable price.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry