Trinity Secure Sign-On
February 01, 2004
$89 per user (software only)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Supports fingerprint biometric hardware directly without any third party software.
Supports SSO only from Windows and Citrix-based workstations.
Combines multi-factor authentication with SSO and identity management in a single easy-to deploy product.
Trinity is designed to allow enterprises to protect sign-on with smartcards, fingerprint biometrics, hardware tokens, passwords, or a combination of these methods.
Trinity authenticates access to operating systems, network services, Windows 32-bit applications, client server applications, web-based applications, and some host-based applications. Trinity also includes a fingerprint biometrics management system, and therefore becomes an identity management system.* It is based on a client-server architecture comprising Trinity Enterprise Management Server and Trinity client software for Windows and Citrix desktops.
Trinity Enterprise Management Server provides multi-factor authentication policy management, biometric fingerprint enrollment and management, smartcard issuance and management, and the management of enterprise sign-on services.
Trinity also provides plenty of advanced password management features, including the abilities to randomize passwords, share password credential sets between target applications, and enforce a variety of password rules.
There is also a comprehensive range of deployment and management tools, including the Sign-On Configuration Wizard, which quickly applies sign-on to most Windows and HTML web applications; the Sign-On Scripting SDK, enabling you to create new scripts for applications not supported out of the box or by the Sign-On Configuration Wizard; and the Audit Analysis Tool, which logs user and administrator events for auditing and reporting purposes.
Trinity Multi-Workstation Add- On is an optional extra that allows multiple workstations to share one fingerprint or smartcard reader which is connected to one workstation – valuable when a user has more than one workstation.
Supported client platforms include Windows 98/XP/NT/2000,plus Citrix MetaFrame and NFuse.
Trinity Enterprise Management Server runs on Windows 2000 or Solaris. Trinity also provides authentication and single sign-on to Entrust PKI credentials stored on a PC or smartcard.
*A Precise Biometrics 100MC combined fingerprint and smartcard reader was also supplied for this review. If your requirements are satisfied by password-only authentication, another version of Trinity is available.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry