Rick Orloff highlights the importance of trust between IT and employees, and how to restore it in the wake of the current cyber-crime climate, including communicating that you understand user concerns..
With hopes to provide a more seamless and secure experience of Windows apps, Microsoft will be ridding of the ranks of its Trusted Root Certificate programme.
Certificate and key errors are costing businesses dearly and undermining the global economy, according to a Ponemon/Venafi report.
As cyber-attacks become increasingly common, it's important that businesses understand the true cost of data breaches, says Wieland Alge.
While acknowledging threats from digital certificates, many security professionals are failing to get to grips with the problem, claims Venafi in a new report.
Caught with its pants down, Ashley Madison clearly failed to practice safe security. How damaging is this for the company and could users take it to court?
The FBI is now offering a guide on how to tackle the IT-savvy rogue employee problem.
Josh Goldfarb asks how can the infosec community move from informal and exclusive trust circles to more mature formal information sharing approaches, without losing agility and effectiveness.
Scammers are targeting discount hunters with fake vouchers.
Businesses do not get the concept of certificate management and there is a lack of trust between users, according to Venafi.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator