Reaction to the government's new cyber-security strategy - a bold new plan to bolster the UK's cyber-defences - has been welcomed by tindustry, but with reservation.
Ministers have been banned from wearing Apple watches - and presumably any other sort of 'smart' watch or device - during Cabinet meetings in an overabundance of caution over hacking attacks.
ICYMI:Seagate, DGSE, CREST and the NSA, Google encryption shaming and the NAO wags its finger at the cabinetSeptember 16, 2016
This week: Hackers hit Seagate, French confirmation of foreign hacking, CREST takes the reins from the NSA, Google starts encryption shaming and NAO criticises cabinet office Infosec
A fresh report from the National Audit Office says the Cabinet Office has failed to get to grips with information security across government departments.
Aside from the Labour party's internal struggles and bitter upcoming leadership election, it seems the two candidates are both pretty bad at security
The leader of the Labour party has announced his intention to draw up a digital bill of rights, installing a constitutional settlement for online privacy for UK citizens
Major partners in the controversial nuclear power plant at Hinkley Point have been accused in American courts of attempting to steal US nuclear technology.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Technical Information Security Consultant
Adeptis - Kent
Senior Security Analyst
Adeptis - Kent
Business Development Manager (IT Security Services)
Adeptis - Reading, Berkshire
Senior Network Security Engineer, London, £68-85k + package
Infosec People - England, London
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- 400% increase in POS malware variants across US Thanksgiving weekend
- Only 25% of businesses can effectively detect and respond to data breaches
- Is BYOD your company's norm? Beware the ghosts of data past this Christmas
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears