Sean Sullivan, security advisor at F-Secure Labs, has warned that hackers could severely disrupt the reporting of the US general election on 8 November by hacking AP servers.
Using mass surveillance software without a warrant is almost as easy as installing Skype.
At least three other suspects in the UK are also being investigated by the Crown Prosecution Service, the release said.
The FBI's Cyber Division uncovered evidence that election databases in two US states were hacked.
The number of vulnerabilities in the US federal government arsenal hovers in the dozens, Columbia University senior research scholar Jason Healey told a DEF CON 24 audience.
Following negotiations between EU and US officials, the Privacy Shield agreement has been approved by the EU's 28 member states on Friday 8 July. Formal adoption should commence early this week
Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton called for administrative reform to help bring the U.S. copyright system into the digital age.
Russia is alterering the balance of power with superior human resources in the cyber-realm and a strategy and will to used them offensively, including via proxies - and lack of western response encourages escalation says Jarno Limnéll.
The US, finally and for the first time has announced its intentions to wage cyber-war on Islamic State
US and Russian officials will meet this week in Geneva to discuss cyber-security issues though not as a restart of the Bilateral Presidential Commission, a State Department official told SCMagazine.com.
Russia and the US are to revive a series of bilateral agreements on cyber-defence including the world's first non-aggression treaty on IT
President Obama Wednesday signed the Judicial Redress Act into law, a key step to enacting Safe Harbour 2 by allowing EU citizens to use US courts to challenge abuse of their data.
SC sat down with FireEye's director of threat intelligence to talk about the recent cyber-talks between China and the US and what exactly we mean when say 'China did it'
Mike Fey recalls the European Court of Justice invalidating the agreement between EU and US organisations on data transfer on 6 October.
Britain and the US accomplished a planned drill with leading global firms to see how they would respond to a cyber incident in the finance subdivision.
The US congress just passed into law The Cyber-security Information Sharing Act, also known as CISA, in the last couple of days.
The cyber-security announcement made by presidents Obama and Xi on 25 September is being met with a healthy dose of scepticism, with industry insiders indicating the agreement will lead to little, if any, real change.
A cyber-warfare peace deal between the US and China, however vaguely worded, is still expected to be agreed between President Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping during the latter's visit to the US.
Although US officials met with a Chinese government envoy this past weekend, it remains unclear whether the two countries made any lasting deal for cyber actions between them.
Former Tesla engineer faces federal charges for computer intrusion for allegedly hacking his manages email to leak employee data.
Russian hackers allegedly accessed the Pentagon's Joint Staff unclassified email system.
The US Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorkas, traveled to Israel this past week to discuss the cyber-security challenges facing both countries.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success