More than 1,000 Android phones are under cyber-attack in the UK each day.
Changes in policy at information sharing database, VirusTotal, mean that those who don't put in will get nothing back, but some warn that this is merely the old guard of tech world muscling out the new players.
Lax cyber-security protocols in Chinese factories identified by one commentator as possible source of infection which could impact many other IoT devices.
According to Symantec, a virus known as Wifatch has been used to treat more than 10,000 home routers against cyber-attacks.
Financial malware web injection technique hacker Deniss Calovskis says he 'knew he was breaking the law'
Researchers at IBM Security Trusteer say that new and nasty variants of the Tinba Trojan, said to be the world's smallest malware, are emerging, and they're targeting European banks.
A new and 'unprecedented' malware family has been targeting Apple devices much like a traditional computer virus, and is thought to have infected up to 350,000 machines to date.
New low-cost ransomware about to launch.
The first jailbreak for Apple's iOS7 has emerged, posing a security risk for businesses that operate a 'bring your own device' (BYOD) policy.
Researchers at Malwarebytes say that spammers are targeting Amazon account holders with emails carrying two different types of Trojan malware.
Experts are warning users to expect a steep rise in Bitcoin-themed malware attacks following discovery of a new virus called Bitcoin Alarm
A rogue anti-virus product that blackmails people by secretly taking their picture with their webcam is on the rise.
Europe's computer emergency response teams (CERTs) need to share attack informatio to combat the increasingly complex cyber attacks they face.
A high-level cyber espionage campaign that successfully infiltrated computer networks at diplomatic, governmental and scientific research organisations has been detected.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success