Visiting a 'forbidden' website is now punishable with a three-year jail term in India - even without downloading anything. NordVPN predicts a surge of VPN subscriptions in India by Internet users to protect online freedom.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at UAE's VPN ban; Hidden malvertising; Bank voice recognition; US drops SMS -2F; Bitcoins stolen.
Increased fines for using VPN to commit criminal acts resulted in confusion over who can use VPN for what in the United Arab Emirates.
A royal command has banned VPNs and proxy servers in the United Arab Emirates, but for a country investing so heavily in cyber-security, is this not a step back?
Despite very vocal critics, Netflix will not give in to the demands of overseas VPN users that want access to the US catalogue of shows says Paul Bischoff.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at Snapchat whaled; Drown hits TLS; Hospitals ransomed; Chinese espionage in Norway; 90% of SSL VPNs insecure
APT actors are using a China-based VPN provider to hide their digital tracks and mask their identities.
Users who have opted for a VPN service could be at risk from hackers thanks to the way that providers handle IPv6 traffic.
The CESG, the security offshoot of GCHQ, has published in-depth guidance for users of laptop, tablet and smartphone operating systems, offering specifics on how to deploy and use the operating systems on a mobile platform.
Its time to take back third party remote access and increase visibility on the network says Stuart Facey
A bring your own device (BYOD) policy raises a number of data protection concerns due to its ownership, and data controllers must ensure that all data processing remains in compliance with the Data Protection Act, the ICO has said.
As children break up from school for the summer holidays and trips away from home are planned, the subject of remote workers and the problems surrounding external access arises.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime