Brian Chappell explains how technology can help us make sure we are focusing on the right things that will deliver the biggest bang for our buck, after all, only a small percentage of the vulnerabilities we have are easy to exploit.
Vulnerability testing by CERT found tens of thousands of Androd apps are vulnerable and no full register exists as they don't all get CVE assigned.
A pessimistic approach to future threats is advised by Chris McIntosh as the necessary attitude to minimise the extent to which they happen, and bolster our preparedness to cope if and when they do.
When the two IPs meet (intellectual property and internet protocol) the value of the business becomes vulnerable says Dave King, with IT often just providing a sticking plaster to hide C-suite ignorance.
Microsoft's upcoming Patch Tuesday will address remote code execution vulnerabilities, elevation of privileges, a security feature bypass and a denial-of-service issue across various platforms.
Major manufacturers and industrial companies in the UK, US and over 30 other countries are being urged to adopt a rapidly-released fix to their IntegraXor (IGX) industrial control software.
The risk of ransomware attacks is surging as virtual currency Bitcoin's value rockets.
Vulnerability management firm Secunia has apologised after an undisclosed vulnerability was sent to a public emailing list.
Dell SecureWorks has introduced vulnerability management and web application scanning services for the cloud.
After a quiet January Patch Tuesday that saw only one security update, Microsoft is back with a vengeance this month.
Microsoft has shot down reports that its Internet Information Services (IIS) suffers from a vulnerability, saying that customers only need to worry if they are running a nondefault configuration of the web server.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Singapore to shut off internet access for government agencies
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- What exactly will this new bill of rights mean for privacy laws within the UK?
- 6 in 10 universities hit by ransomware, 2/3 hit multiple times
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: Russian banks, Singapore, ransomware on campus, gaming hacks and more Snowden
- Advocacy groups urge FCC in the US to address connected car technology threat
- Lost devices leading cause of data breaches, report
- WhatsApp to share customer data with Facebook
- Hackers exploit vBulletin flaw to access 27M accounts on 11 websites