Vulnerability testing by CERT found tens of thousands of Androd apps are vulnerable and no full register exists as they don't all get CVE assigned.
A pessimistic approach to future threats is advised by Chris McIntosh as the necessary attitude to minimise the extent to which they happen, and bolster our preparedness to cope if and when they do.
When the two IPs meet (intellectual property and internet protocol) the value of the business becomes vulnerable says Dave King, with IT often just providing a sticking plaster to hide C-suite ignorance.
Microsoft's upcoming Patch Tuesday will address remote code execution vulnerabilities, elevation of privileges, a security feature bypass and a denial-of-service issue across various platforms.
Major manufacturers and industrial companies in the UK, US and over 30 other countries are being urged to adopt a rapidly-released fix to their IntegraXor (IGX) industrial control software.
The risk of ransomware attacks is surging as virtual currency Bitcoin's value rockets.
Vulnerability management firm Secunia has apologised after an undisclosed vulnerability was sent to a public emailing list.
Dell SecureWorks has introduced vulnerability management and web application scanning services for the cloud.
After a quiet January Patch Tuesday that saw only one security update, Microsoft is back with a vengeance this month.
Microsoft has shot down reports that its Internet Information Services (IIS) suffers from a vulnerability, saying that customers only need to worry if they are running a nondefault configuration of the web server.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Security researcher blasts United Airlines' bug bounty programme
- Video: Young and gifted codebreakers compete in cyber-security masterclass final
- Social engineering: hacker tricks that make recipients click
- Five last minute retail risk mitigations for Black Friday weekend
- Anonymous' Twitter war hits stumbling block
- ISSE Berlin: Germany to promote 'digital sovereignty'
- Purchasing cyber-insurance without a proven security system will leave businesses out of pocket
- Sophisticated Apple Phishing Email making the rounds
- ISSE Berlin: Safe Harbour II initial agreement expected
- 2015 worst year in history for Mac malware