Brian Chappell explains how technology can help us make sure we are focusing on the right things that will deliver the biggest bang for our buck, after all, only a small percentage of the vulnerabilities we have are easy to exploit.
Vulnerability testing by CERT found tens of thousands of Androd apps are vulnerable and no full register exists as they don't all get CVE assigned.
A pessimistic approach to future threats is advised by Chris McIntosh as the necessary attitude to minimise the extent to which they happen, and bolster our preparedness to cope if and when they do.
When the two IPs meet (intellectual property and internet protocol) the value of the business becomes vulnerable says Dave King, with IT often just providing a sticking plaster to hide C-suite ignorance.
Microsoft's upcoming Patch Tuesday will address remote code execution vulnerabilities, elevation of privileges, a security feature bypass and a denial-of-service issue across various platforms.
Major manufacturers and industrial companies in the UK, US and over 30 other countries are being urged to adopt a rapidly-released fix to their IntegraXor (IGX) industrial control software.
The risk of ransomware attacks is surging as virtual currency Bitcoin's value rockets.
Vulnerability management firm Secunia has apologised after an undisclosed vulnerability was sent to a public emailing list.
Dell SecureWorks has introduced vulnerability management and web application scanning services for the cloud.
After a quiet January Patch Tuesday that saw only one security update, Microsoft is back with a vengeance this month.
Microsoft has shot down reports that its Internet Information Services (IIS) suffers from a vulnerability, saying that customers only need to worry if they are running a nondefault configuration of the web server.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Senior Network Security Engineer, London, £68-85k + package
Infosec People - England, London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- 400% increase in POS malware variants across US Thanksgiving weekend
- Only 25% of businesses can effectively detect and respond to data breaches
- Is BYOD your company's norm? Beware the ghosts of data past this Christmas
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears