Vulnerability testing by CERT found tens of thousands of Androd apps are vulnerable and no full register exists as they don't all get CVE assigned.
A pessimistic approach to future threats is advised by Chris McIntosh as the necessary attitude to minimise the extent to which they happen, and bolster our preparedness to cope if and when they do.
When the two IPs meet (intellectual property and internet protocol) the value of the business becomes vulnerable says Dave King, with IT often just providing a sticking plaster to hide C-suite ignorance.
Microsoft's upcoming Patch Tuesday will address remote code execution vulnerabilities, elevation of privileges, a security feature bypass and a denial-of-service issue across various platforms.
Major manufacturers and industrial companies in the UK, US and over 30 other countries are being urged to adopt a rapidly-released fix to their IntegraXor (IGX) industrial control software.
The risk of ransomware attacks is surging as virtual currency Bitcoin's value rockets.
Vulnerability management firm Secunia has apologised after an undisclosed vulnerability was sent to a public emailing list.
Dell SecureWorks has introduced vulnerability management and web application scanning services for the cloud.
After a quiet January Patch Tuesday that saw only one security update, Microsoft is back with a vengeance this month.
Microsoft has shot down reports that its Internet Information Services (IIS) suffers from a vulnerability, saying that customers only need to worry if they are running a nondefault configuration of the web server.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Updated: Safe Harbour ruled invalid by European Court of Justice
- Zero day vulnerability found in VMware product
- Backdoor in MS Outlook webmail raises security doubts
- Snowden smartphone allegations - security world unimpressed
- IP Expo Europe: The Internet of Identities can help manage myriad IoT devices
- ICYMI: Safe Harbour, VMware vulnerability, Outlook backdoor, Snowden and DDoS attacks
- IP Expo Europe: They know how we operate - what cyber-crime looks like these days
- IP Expo Europe: The threat to the UK banking system
- Fake LinkedIn profiles, 'convincing' network linked to Iran-based group
- CloudPiercer tool discloses DDoS defence providers