Everyone knows that compliance is not the same as security, but the key driver to get the board to spend on security or adopt money-saving technology has traditionally been to meet minimum compliance requirements. Until they get hacked.
Ransomware has become one of the most widespread and damaging threats internet users face today.
Today's breaches all have a common attack vector - stolen usernames and passwords. Attackers are making major headway into our businesses with simple tactics that exploit our weakest points.
Will YOU be EU GDPR compliant on 25th May 2018? If you draw up your plan today you'll have 18 months to implement it. There are no extensions or extenuating circumstances - it's the law and applies to everyone with data on EU citizens.
Join us for a complimentary webinar that covers, in-depth, how a reliable CA helps with the certificate lifecycle.
ON DEMAND WEBCASTS
No organisation is immune to a ransomware attack. In recent months, nearly half of all malware blocked by Mimecast for its 20,000 customers has been ransomware.
The era of the mega breach is upon us. And it's had a seismic effect on global businesses. Many name-brand organisations are spending millions dealing with the aftermath of losing customer data or intellectual property, and others are working as hard as they can to avoid the type of media attention that no one wants.
Security operations is all about understanding and acting upon of large amounts of data.
We all know that in business today the old perimeter is gone. So too are the days of dealing strictly with your own employees, all housed under one roof.
Regulations and policies to manage the security risk of personal devices are all well and good, but the underlying technology of BYOD also needs to be considered. How effective can BYOD security be?
Sign up to our newsletters
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry