Chances are that over time you've added layers of security controls which have resulted in a growing number of alerts that need investigation. Analytics are key to threat resolution but effective cyber security is no longer a human scale process. With each new layer of defence the volume of alerts has grown to the point where only automation can help SOC analyst keep pace.
Information security is ultimately focused on one key goal: reduction of risks. Risks of data loss, reputation damage, and disruption to the productivity of your organisation. But what drives the actions of your security teams?
How do some of the most prominent nations in the international economy differ in cybersecurity performance? As organizations increasingly open offices offshores, their networks face global security threats.
ON DEMAND WEBCASTS
Imagine losing access to all of your critical data — only to find out you are being extorted by criminals who require payment in order to get it back. This is happening at an alarming rate and is commonly referred to as Ransomware.
According to a 2015 Gartner report, enterprises are shifting security budgets to security management platforms that integrate existing technologies, unify data from multiple vendors, provide greater insight through advanced analytics and enable security operations teams to automate and prioritise activities.
When should you ban personal mobile use? Is Choose your own device appropriate, or can you safely harness the cost savings of Bring Your Own Device?
There is no stopping the ubiquity of tablets and smartphones. Your employees are only going to use them more and more in their jobs — and customer service levels, enterprise agility, and overall profitability will improve because of it.
Ensure the integrity and security of your company data when it is accessed or used beyond the enterprise walls by mobile devices and cloud services.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- European Parliament approves GDPR
- Have retailers secured themselves against the Insider threat before you head to the checkout?
- Vendors hiding open-source security flaws in commercial software
- The BYOD explosion: How much of a threat do personal devices really pose to your network?
- Ensure that your employment contracts are fit for purpose for cyber-security
- New PCI DSS version concentrates on multi-factor authentication and encryption
- Infamous 'Guccifer' claims he breached Hillary Clinton's email server
- 272 million email account credentials found on the dark web
- Michigan electrical utility company hit with ransomware attack
- UK adults clueless on where to find advice about protecting themselves