Wireless implanted medical devices with little or no security are shown to be vulnerable to hacking, enabling hackers to eavesdrop on confidential medical data or tamper with life-saving therapies.
Microsoft patched various vulnerabilities in its products last week including the 'MouseJack' flaw, however it is still affecting most organisations.
A Swiss researcher is advocating turning off WPS to secure routers after finding a flaw that eliminates the randomness of codes generated by some routers when WPS is switched on...
Cycle-bound security expert reveals our insatiable need to stay connected
A major flaw in Cisco's routers has been revealed just days after research firm Team Cymru reported it had found over 300,000 other routers infected with malware.
Fears that routers are an 'Achilles heel' of enterprise security have been heightened as Team Cymru revealed this week that a cyber attack has hijacked more than 300,000 wireless internet routers worldwide.
New Wi-Fi malware has the potential to cause serious problems if it falls into the wrong hands, according to Professor John Walker, Nottingham-Trent University.
A dramatisation of a hack by security firm Trend Micro on America's NBC TV News has been slammed by other security experts as "100 percent fraudulent".
Tens of thousands of smartphone users have been hit by a new class of botnet that illicitly gathers information.
French researcher drives a London bus through wireless modem security. And you don't need to reset the modem's configuration to have a root shell. And some router are vulnerable from the internet, not only from the LAN.
CESG, the Information Security Arm of GCHQ, has released new security guidance for more than ten different end user devices to ensure they are configured and used in the most efficient way compatible with meeting security demands.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime