A research team has set up a chain reaction attack that would take over Philips Hue smart lightbulbs across entire cities
ICYMI: McAfee security manager, cybersec salaries, Conficker worm, embedded XP; JD Wetherspoon breachDecember 11, 2015
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at McAfee security manager failure; 2016 cybersec salaries up; Conficker in 20% of attacks; Embedded XP end-of-life; Wetherspoon breach took 15 mins.
Detected in everything from police body cameras to the business internet of things (IoT) landscape, now do you give a configuration fick?
Couldn't deploy cyber weapons against Pyongyang
Facebook distributing malware is nothing new, nor are shortened URLs for obfuscation, in-the-cloud servers for anonymity or porn as a lure. However the latest Kilim-family variant which hit Facebook last week uses all of them and with a twist: this worm keeps cutting itself in half to evade detection.
Stuxnet was targeted 'inside-out' not 'outside-in' infiltration of air-gapped system says new book.
White hat hacker discloses router vulnerabilities that might only be fixed when new firmware versions are deployed.
"Logic suggests that the NSA is developing its own cyber weapons. It has its own malware, and its own C&C servers" says Sarb Sembhi, Incoming Thought Analyst.
Saudi Arabia and Israel are seeking to disrupt Iran's nuclear programme by using a computer worm more destructive than Stuxnet.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Shodan finds confidential Europol terrorist dossiers
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report