Adobe Systems today issued a significant update to its Acrobat and Acrobat Reader products for Windows and macOS, fixing 86 vulnerabilities, including multiple critical arbitrary code execution flaws.
The bugs consist of 22 out-of-bounds writes, 36 out-of-bounds reads, seven heap overflows, seven use-after-frees, three type confusions, one stack overflow, one double free, two integer overflows, three buffer errors, three untrusted pointer dereferences, and a security bypass.
In addition to code execution, some of these bugs can be exploited for information disclosure and privilege escalation.
The Acrobat and Reader DC products are fixed with the following versions:
- Acrobat DC, Continuous Track, 2019.008.20071
- Acrobat Reader DC, Continuous Track, 2019.008.20071
- Acrobat 2017, Classic 2017 Track, 2017.011.30105
- Acrobat Reader DC 2017, Classic 2017 Track, 2017.011.30105
- Acrobat DC, Classic 2015 Track, 2015.006.30456
- Acrobat Reader DC, Classic 2015 Track, 2015.006.30456
* This story first appeared in SC Magazine North America.