Salary: £55,000-£65,000 basic salary
Reports to: Head of Threat Management
Department: Technology / Information Security
Location: London, Hammersmith
Either contact Graham Hill on 020 8834 6461 or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betfair, the world's first and largest betting exchange, is arguably Britain's greatest internet success story and has become one of the biggest online trading operations in Europe since its launch in 1999. A key element of the company's success has been its ability to stay ahead of the power curve in its application of innovative security practices.
This role is responsible for the strategy and operations for detecting security vulnerabilities present in infrastructure, networks and common production applications for the enterprise. The role will also be accountable for the maintenance of secure configurations in infrastructure and tracking the security patching progress across various responsible teams globally. The role should also lead by example in the automation of security actions, the visualization of our security vulnerability position and the integrity of our data globally.
The Betfair Corporate Strategy demands the provision of the 'best value, service and protection,' whilst ensuring integrity, adoption of best practice and protection of Betfair assets by applying effective information security practices during employment with the company.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Enhancing and operating the vulnerability assessment and secure configuration assurance services
- Identifying published vulnerabilities affecting Betfair and immediately understanding the exposure of the company's assets
- Ownership for the vulnerability assessment strategy including control selection, placement and technologies used
- Ensure an active assessment capability across all networks and infrastructure
- Automation and scripting of common tasks to increase efficiency
- Production of world class KPIs, reporting and communication as to the state of vulnerability and secure configuration assurance globally
- Maintain strong working relationships and governance of teams operating responsibilities who are not in the reporting line such as system administrators
- Actively promote automation, correlation and log analysis embedded in our technology architecture
- Ensure compliance with relevant external requirements such as PCI DSS
- Interacts with technology executives and committees as required for the reporting of effective KPIs, situation reports and incidents.
Key Working Relationships:
- Information Systems staff globally
- Application Security team
- Risk team
- Technology executives
- Vendors, suppliers and third parties
- Functional professional peers and workgroups.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hands-on experience with configuration assurance and scanning technologies, AV
- Lateral thinking, passion, ability to work under pressure on exciting projects
- Experience with pen testing, scripting, tuning
- Log analysis tools, protocol analysis
- OS hardening and patching.
- Gambling and gaming industry experience
- Results oriented, ability to influence outcomes with a hands-on attitude
- Innovation and creativity
- Asset DB and management experience
- Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt).
Betfair currently has offices in Hammersmith, Stevenage, Malta, Italy, Australia, Romania and Ireland and consequently an element of travel (less than 15%) is necessary.
References are taken and employee screening is undertaken for all roles in Betfair.