Salary: £55,000-£65,000 basic salary
Reports to: Head of Threat Management
Department: Technology / Information Security
Location: London, Hammersmith
Either contact Graham Hill on 020 8834 6461 or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betfair, the world's first and largest betting exchange, is arguably Britain's greatest internet success story and has become one of the biggest online trading operations in Europe since its launch in 1999. A key element of the company's success has been its ability to protect customer, corporate and employee data from unauthorised access, distribution or alteration.
This role requires you to enhance, maintain and monitor the data loss prevention technical controls for the company. This includes the design of systems, processes and procedures which detect data loss through the application of advanced technology. You will be required to work both a technical level with the applications and systems and also at a business level to determine the appropriate implementation of detection policies and management processes globally.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Expand the scope and depth of the data loss prevention programme globally
- Accountable for the results of the controls to detect data loss
- Develop and apply the appropriate strategy to detect data loss
- Create detection policies in line with corporate mandates and regulatory requirements
- Design and enhance the DLP event management process
- Influence senior stakeholders about the importance of data loss prevention controls and develop strategies to meet their requirements.
Key Working Relationships:
- Information security team
- Technical and non-technical departments
- Senior Betfair managers and stakeholders
- Information owners
- Data Protection Manager
- Information Security Incident Response team.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hands-on experience with any major vendor DLP technology
- Good applied knowledge in databases, scripting, IDS
- Lateral thinking, passion, able to work under pressure on exciting projects
- Understands business value of information
- Ability to design detection policies and implement a company-wide DLP management framework.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)
- Dashboard design and information analytics skills
- Presentation skills
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator) measurement and statistics background.
Betfair currently has offices in Hammersmith, Stevenage, Malta, Australia, and Romania and consequently a small element of travel (less than 5%) is part of the job.
References are taken and employee screening is undertaken for all roles in Betfair.