Salary: Negotiable + bonus
Reports to: Director of Security
Department: Technology / Information Security
Location: London, Hammersmith
Either contact Douglas Gambling on 020 8834 6789 or send your details to email@example.com
Betfair, the world's first and largest betting exchange, is arguably Britain's greatest internet success story and has become one of the biggest online trading operations in Europe since its launch in 1999. A key element of the company's success has been its ability to stay ahead of the power curve in its application of best and innovative security practices.
This role requires a leader who will champion and integrate good security practices throughout the company. This global role will be accountable for the alignment of Betfair security standards in each of its business areas, an efficient and effective use of the information security team's capabilities in delivery of state-of-the-art solutions, and the integration of information security awareness in all parts of the business. The role will also manage how identity and access controls are managed across the company. Additionally this role will work with key business stakeholders to manage security and business continuity incidents.
The Betfair Corporate Strategy demands the provision of the 'best value, service and protection,' whilst ensuring integrity, adoption of best practice and protection of Betfair assets by applying effective information security practices during employment with the company.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Create and maintain the security standards and controls framework for the company
- Global oversight of the business area security practices and teams
- Tracks Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and measurement to ensure assurance to security standards and the best application of resources to correct any issues
- Ownership for the security operating model between security and stakeholders in business areas, technology and corporate
- Ownership of the Access and Identity Management strategy, implementation and business model for the Group
- Conduct security and crisis management activities for the Group
- Review and architect enterprise, application, product and integration initiatives and ensure alignment with security standards
- Deliver standards assurance reviews to the business with action plans and recommendations to remediate findings
- Ownership of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) under ISO 27001
- Enhance and promote the Security Risk Management process working with the internal risk community
- Actively promote Information Security Awareness with Betfair staff globally
- Ensure compliance with relevant external requirements such as PCI DSS
- Management of the security financial cycle including capital and operational expenditure
- Interact with regulators and legislators to contribute security expertise and best practice controls that develop into regulations and laws
- Coordinates activities with Internal and External auditors
- Interacts with Executive staff and committees.
Key Working Relationships:
- Security staff globally
- Technology departments
- Risk team
- Executive staff
- Vendors, suppliers and third parties
- Functional professional peers and workgroups.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Educated to Masters or equivalent level in an information security, technology or legal field
- Security-related experience on a global scale
- Experience in managing global distributed teams with matrix reporting structures
- Expert skills in global incident response and crisis management
- Strong command and experience in change management and process improvement
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations) while maintaining an ability to talk in layman's terms about security
- Ability to inspire team members, colleagues and stakeholders to excel and pursue the best security solutions
- Manage a budget and effective resource planning
- Excellent relationship and Stakeholder management skills
- Expert technical and security knowledge including knowledge and commercial experience of IT forensics
- Leadership, development and team building (coaching/mentoring) skills
- Knowledge of risk management principles
- Flexible, confident and personally motivated to succeed
- Experience with multi-company structure (ie a group of companies with differing relationships with the parent)
- Experience within the gambling and gaming / IT / service / high transaction volume / financial services industries.
- Relevant experience with security architecture, systems, applications, development, compliance and governance
- Results oriented, ability to influence outcomes with a hands-on attitude
- Innovation and creativity
- Awareness and application of security governance techniques
- Information Asset management
- Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- ISO 27001 and PCI DSS experience.
Betfair currently has offices in Hammersmith, Stevenage, Malta, Italy, Australia, Romania and Ireland and consequently an element of travel (less than 15%) is necessary.
References are taken and employee screening is undertaken for all roles in Betfair.