Salary: £55,000-£65,000 basic salary
Reports to: Head of Threat Management
Department: Technology / Information Security
Location: London, Hammersmith
Either contact Graham Hill on 020 8834 6461 or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betfair, the world's first and largest betting exchange, is arguably Britain's greatest Internet success story and has become one of the biggest online trading operations in Europe since its launch in 1999. A key element of the company's success has been its ability to stay ahead of the power curve in its application of innovative security practices.
This role is responsible for the strategy and operations for detecting threats and suspicious activity affecting infrastructure, networks and common production applications for the enterprise. The role will monitor the intrusion detection system, network security monitoring, Anti Virus and other key capabilities. The role should also lead by example in the automation of security event alerting and the visualisation of our attack posture and situational awareness.
The Betfair Corporate Strategy demands the provision of the 'best value, service and protection,' whilst ensuring integrity, adoption of best practice and protection of Betfair assets by applying effective information security practices during employment with the company.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Enhancing and operating the threat monitoring and malicious code monitoring controls for the company
- Ownership for the threat monitoring strategy including control selection, placement and technologies used
- Ensure an active monitoring capability across all networks and infrastructure
- Automation and scripting of common tasks to increase efficiency
- Production of world class KPIs, reporting and communication to establish situational awareness of threats to Betfair Group
- Maintain strong working relationships and governance of teams operating responsibilities who are not in the reporting line such as network operators, system administrators
- Actively promote automation, correlation and log analysis embedded in our technology architecture
- Ensure compliance with relevant external requirements such as PCI DSS
- Interacts with technology executives and committees as required for the reporting of effective KPIs, situation reports and incidents.
Key Working Relationships:
- Information systems staff globally
- Networks team
- Risk team
- Technology executives
- Vendors, suppliers and third parties
- Functional professional peers and workgroups.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hands-on experience of IDS/IPS technology from major vendors
- Ability to design and implement an end-to-end monitoring infrastructure
- Lateral thinking, passion, able to work under pressure on exciting projects
- Experience with correlation, fine tuning, scripting to extract relevant information and provide business value
- Attack signature and protocol analysis
- Ability to operate and provide after hours Level 3 support.
- Gambling and gaming industry experience
- Experience with multi-company structure (ie a group of companies with differing relationships with the parent)
- Results oriented, ability to influence outcomes with a hands-on attitude
- Innovation and creativity
- Asset DB and management experience
- Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt).
Betfair currently has offices in Hammersmith, Stevenage, Malta, Italy, Australia, Romania and Ireland and consequently an element of travel (less than 10%) is necessary.
References are taken and employee screening is undertaken for all roles in Betfair.