Real pride. Real advantage
An excellent opportunity has arisen to become the IT security manager for BAE Systems Surface Ships in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will lead and take full responsibility for IT security governance across the Surface Ships business to drive the security agenda and ensure system security meets strict standards.
The IT security manager will be responsible for the delivery of solutions across the security architecture and determine the business needs that support the delivery of IT security frameworks, processes, policies and standards.
As the IT security manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Build knowledge of the client enterprise and security architecture to enable consistent and valued security advice
- Provide support in the management of a security architecture competency
- Work with the team and suppliers to ensure the design and development of IT solutions match agreed security architectures
- Ensure systems security is reliable and provide a continuous secure service to end-users
- Drive IT security agenda through the business and programmes
- Mitigate IT security risks to the business
- Provide clear and complete status reports to the head of security to facilitate departmental reporting and issue capture and/or resolution
- Establish credibility and manage expectations of stakeholders
As the IT security manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- In-depth knowledge of the security issues associated with existing, current and emerging technologies within secure systems
- Experience of HMG infosec policy and ISO 27001 standard
- Knowledge of IT systems, software engineering, internet security, encryption products and ITSEC and COMSEC
- Good knowledge and experience of Windows platforms, Active Directory, Cisco hardware and virtualisation technology
- An understanding of UK Government security requirements and UK law pertinent to IT security
- Experience of designing and developing security architecture for systems
- The ability to present strong security case for systems designs
- Provide vision and leadership for the development and delivery of security technology to facilitate operational effectiveness
What we're looking for in you
You will: be an effective communicator in both technical and non-technical issues; have an understanding of security technology that will assist in implementing a balanced security solution; and have a strong drive and commitment to the customer and to work in a role that that provides real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Surface Ships
BAE Systems Surface Ships is the surface warship building and through-life support operation of BAE Systems. We employ over 7,000 people, are the UK's leading provider of surface warships and through-life support, and are a world-class industrial partner to the UK Ministry of Defence and a leader in the global export market for warships and innovative naval surface ship support.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
To apply for this role, please go to https://baesystems.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en_gb&job=00011690
Closing date: 31 August 2011
Performance. It brings us together.
BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.