Deputy Director, Information Security and Risk Management
HMRC collect and administer taxes and duties as laid down by parliament, as well as helping families and individuals with targeted financial support. In order to deliver our objectives, we hold personal and financial information on every taxpayer and their families. This places an enormous responsibility on us to ensure that information is safeguarded, and the public protected.
As Deputy Director, Information Security and Risk Management, you will lead a team of specialists across HMRC charged with delivering an expert service in relation to the information security aspects of corporate risk management. This will include developing policy and guidance as well as leading and implementing change that drives forward how the organisation manages information security risk.
This is a significant and high profile role that requires an exceptional candidate in the field, capable of leading the organisation through significant change. Suitable information security qualifications (eg IISP, CIISP, CISM) are essential, as is implementation and delivery experience of an appropriate scale and complexity.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Security and Information, you will:
- Provide expert advice on the development of information security systems
- Identify, assess and direct the development of information security systems in line with current industry best practice
- Develop HMRC's capacity to manage information security risk, by raising knowledge and awarness and devloping a cadre of information security
- Develop policy standards and guidance to meet HMRC commitments
- Identify, assess and manage information security risks
- Assess and report on HMRC compliance with Cabinet Office and other stakeholder requirements
Possessing information security qualifications (eg IISP, CIISP, CISM) as well as a significant track record at a leadership level in information security, you will be able to evidence:
- Significant experience and expertise of managing information security risk in organisations (in either the private or public sector) of significant scale and complexity
- A track record of delivering transformative change that has driven forward the management of information security risk
- The ability to lead and develop a team of staff as well as influence staff behaviours relating to information security across the organisation
- The ability to form effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
To find out more about this vacancy please call our consultants Andrew Timlin and Mark Bearn at Hays Executive on 020 7259 8743 or see our dedicated website: www.hays.co.uk/jobs/hmrcinfosec
Closing Date: 26th March
Ref Code: ADV351121SCMG6
Closing Date: 26/03/12
Position Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply please visit: