MEF has appointed a new Board of Directors for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
The team will guide MEF's efforts to drive the industry transition from static to agile, assured, and orchestrated Third Network services. These productivity-enhancing services are delivered over automated, virtualised, and interconnected networks.
The elected board members include:
Elected MEF Board of Directors
- Vincent Alesi – distinguished member of technical staff, network services planning, Verizon
- Nan Chen – executive vice chairman, CENX
- Lance Hassan – director of commercial services, Charter Communications
- Allan Langfield – executive director, product development, Comcast
- Scott Mansfield – principal engineer, Ericsson
- Eric Puetz – director, standards and industry alliances, AT&T Labs
- Raghu Ranganathan – principal & distinguished engineer, office of CTO, Ciena
- Ralph Santitoro – head of SDN/NFV solutions practice, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Shahar Steiff – AVP new technology, PCCW Global
- Michael Strople – managing director, Canada, Zayo Group & president, Zayo Managed Services, Zayo Group
- Alessandro Talotta – chief executive officer, Telecom Italia Sparkle
“As we start our new fiscal year, MEF is focused on advancing work in four key areas: Third Network services (including orchestrated CE 2.0, IP, and other Layer 1 – 7 services); LSO APIs and other specifications; Open Initiatives; and certification programmes for services, equipment, and professionals. We are progressing dozens of initiatives within MEF and in collaboration with external open source projects and standards organisations to move the industry forward,” said Nan Chen, president of MEF.