Sunbelt Software has announced the top ten most prevalent spyware and malware threats spotted in January.
The report was compiled from monthly scans performed by Sunbelt's anti-spyware tool CounterSpy and the new anti-virus and anti-spyware solution VIPRE. The company claimed that the results represent the number of times a particular spyware or malware infection was detected during CounterSpy and VIPRE scans that report back to Sunbelt's community of opt-in users.
The top ten most prevalent spyware threats for the month of January were:
1. Virtumonde - 6.35 per cent
2. Trojan-Downloader.Zlob.Media-Codec - 3.12 per cent
3=.Trojan-Downloader.Generic - 2.01 per cent
3=. Trojan.FakeAlert - 2.01 per cent
5. Explorer32.Hijacker - 2.00 per cent
6. Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen - 1.83 per cent
7. Trojan.1 - 1.45 per cent
8. Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.gen - 1.38 per cent
9. Rootkit.TDss.Gen - 1.33 per cent
10. Trojan.Win32.Monder.gen - 1.25 per cent